Friday, December 13, 2013

Horses on TV

Rodeo Girls has a little bit of controversy surrounding it.  I'm not a barrel racer-- or even a Western rider, but I've read people say that the show is a disgrace to cowgirls.  I've watched the first two episodes and while I'm not too familiar with the camaraderie or cattiness on the circuit, I am all too familiar with how girls act around each other.  I went to an all girls high school and honestly, whether reality series instigate drama or not, they don't come even close to how horrible girls can treat each other.

Anyway, so far the show has very little actual riding in it, which is disappointing.  It's more about the life surrounding traveling with the circuit.  I wish the competitions took precedence over the traveling bits, but with that said, I'm still entertained by the show and really, if horses are on TV, I'll watch it...

Shows involving horses and any aspect of equine life are not very common, so I'll take what I can get.  Maybe this will start a trend.

Didn't I hear about a reality series focusing on equestrian sports in Wellington?

I'm not normally a fan of reality TV, but MORE HORSES ON TV, PLEASE!




No comments:

Post a Comment