Saturday, October 12, 2013

Equine Goals

I've decided to donate my video skills to Save a Forgotten Equine (SAFE) in Woodinville, WA to help rehome horses and to promote the organization.

While I was there, I realized that I really want to be involved in helping horses.  I know I want my first horse to be a rescue and I want to be involved in the training process to help rehabilitate problem horses.  In the future, I'd like to run my own horse rescue organization out of my own farm.

Since my last working student experience, I've been a little unsure of what I wanted to do with my life involving horses.  I know that I still want to compete and I want to work with horses.  I do still want to compete at the upper levels, but I know that I need to compete at the lower levels first.

In addition to working with horses, I want to write.  I want to write screenplays, novels, video games, and articles for magazines.

I think I'm beginning to figure out the balance I need in my life and what I really want to do.

So I'm looking for another working student position so I can continue to build upon my equine knowledge and experience.  I can use this knowledge and experience to write horse-related movies, novels, video games, and articles for horse magazines.

I don't only want to write about horses, though, as I do have a wide range of interests... but maybe I'm leaning toward I want that to be my expertise.

My equine goals for the next month are as follows:

Find a new working student position
Start a promotional video for SAFE

1 comment: